Vectrus Services A/S
- Airfield Management and Air Terminal Operations
- Civil Engineering / A&E Design and Delivery
- Facilities Operations, Maintenance, and Repair
- Fire Emergency Services
- Food Services
- Medical Clinic and Health Services
- Non-Secure Communications Management
- Pavement and Grounds Maintenance
- Power Production and Distribution
- Quality, Environmental and Safety Management
- Recreation and Community Services
- Supply Chain Management and Warehouse Operations
- Transportation Management
- Vehicle Operations and Maintenance
- Water Port Operations
Vectrus Services A/S provides integrated, cost-effective support solutions for complex operational requirements
Vectrus’ Base Maintenance Contract (BMC) for Thule Air Base, Greenland, provides seamless and effective operations, maintenance, and support for the Arctic region of Greenland and requires a specific combination of knowledge and skills due the specific mission requirements and extreme weather conditions in this region. Our efforts are carried out by a dedicated workforce consisting of Danish (89%) and Greenlandic (10%) employees.
The BMC also has the privilege to support third-party contractors performing work at Thule and agencies such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), Smithsonian Institution, and NASA, as well as Danish and Canadian military operations. Our work extends to the development of Greenlandic youth in our Apprenticeship Program and supporting or hosting events in cooperation with the 821st Air Base Group that includes the Greenlandic villagers in the Northern Arctic area.
Thule Facility and Logistics Services:
- Base civil engineering support including facilities maintenance and operations; engineering support; space and energy management; environmental, fire and emergency response; pavement and grounds support for road maintenance, snow removal and river bed management, and non-secure communications supporting internet and other communications systems
- Airfield management including airfield maintenance; transient alert and aircraft servicing including onload and offload of personnel and cargo; fuel services; airfield crash-rescue and emergency services; aerospace ground equipment maintenance and air traffic control and landing equipment maintenance
- Logistics management support including logistics expediter services at McGuire Air Base, New Jersey; seasonal port operations; procurement of supplies and services; Contractor Operated Supply Store (COSS) management, warehousing operations, vehicle fleet management and maintenance and fuels storage, and distribution and maintenance services
- Community services including dining facility management and operations; housing management and janitorial services; fitness center management including bowling and fitness programs; morale, welfare, and recreational services; community theater and library management; photography and numerous hobby and recreational activities including guided All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and hiking tours
Vectrus Services A/S, is a Danish company, registered in accordance with Danish laws, rules and requirements as a limited liability company. If you have questions or would like to contact our Denmark office, please contact Thule BMC Program Director William Womack.
Thule Apprenticeship Program
Vectrus Services (VS) efforts in Greenland include working with the Greenlandic Education Authority to support a few different initiatives with the Northern Greenland population including school visits, base visitations by school attendees, and the Apprenticeship Program. The Apprenticeship Program allows VS to support the continuing education of Greenlandic students wishing to learn specific trades, skill sets, and life skills in a secure living environment.
Annually, VS participates in Education Fairs held throughout Greenland with Margrethe Poulsen, VS Apprentice Supervisor, who travels to several locations to promote our Apprenticeship Program at Thule. In 2019, Margrethe’s travels included stops in Illulissat, Aasiaat, Sisimuit and concluded in Nuuk. Margrethe was able to meet with students and family members presenting our program at Thule to include specifics about job opportunities, working and living conditions, and recreational and outdoor opportunities in the Arctic region.
Vectrus Services currently has 9 apprentices on staff at Thule working in the areas of Site Support (Clerks), Dining Facilities (Chefs and Catering), Vehicle Maintenance (Auto or Heavy Equipment Mechanics) and Logistics (Warehouseman). Vectrus Services is currently recruiting for the program in 2020 since we have successfully graduated several students over the past two years and therefore are seeking to increase our student population and continued support of the program. This year, we are looking to bring on an additional 5 apprentices with the goal of sustaining 15 apprentices on our Thule Program with a focus on students from the Northern Greenland Arctic Region.
Vectrus Services A/S trained the apprentices listed below during their employment with the company and subsequently graduated them from the program. Apprentices have the option to remain employed at Vectrus after graduation if there’s a position that aligns with their skill set.
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Isaaq Kristiansen, October 2017
- Office Assistant Martha Sakæussen, November 2017
- Nutrition Assistant Helga Leibhardt, December 2017
- Office Assistant Lillian Poulsen, March 2018
- Nutrition Assistant Billiam Aqipe, May 2018
- Heavy Equipment Operator Suakannguaq Kristiansen, July 2018
- Heavy Equipment Operator Malik Lyberth, July 2018
- Mechanic Steve Madsen, July 2018
- Heavy Equipment Operator Jan Olsen, July 2019
- Heavy Equipment Operator Thomas Hosiassen, August 2019
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:Vectrus Services A/S